JOB OPPORTUNITY – BOAT SUPPORT
May 10 – 14th
Up to $800/day
(fuel costs covered by A̱ka̱la)
The Canoe Journey for Musgamakw Dzawada̱’enux̱w women and gender diverse people is looking for a support boat that will follow along with the group during the canoe journey. We are looking for a skipper who can safely transport participants to and from campsites and escort the canoe group throughout the journey, specifically for crossings.
The skipper will:
- Be comfortable landing on beaches and helping elders and those with mobility issues out of the boat
- Have a system to anchor their boat when there is no dock
- Own or have access to a boat that meets Transport Canada safety requirements
- Be familiar with Musgamakw Dzawada̱’enux̱w territory
- Have safety protocol in place for the journey
- Have a functioning marine radio
- Adhere to Transport Canada Marine Safety requirements
- Have their Small Vessel Operators Permit
- Maintain radio contact at all times with the canoe group
This position may require the skipper to camp with the group. If the skipper would prefer to stay elsewhere the cost of fuel to that location will not be covered by A̱ka̱la.
Interested in this contract?
Include in your email:
- Boat experience
- Familiarity with the territory
- Understanding of marine safety
- Make and model of your vessel and motor