Job Opportunity – Program Coordinator
Program Coordinator – POSITION FILLED
Contract fee: $20,000 for a 10 month contract
Deadline to apply: January 31, 2023
A̱ka̱la Outdoor Education Society prides itself on delivering programs using best practices that support emotional, spiritual, mental and physical wellness. The key to our success is largely dependent on the stellar ability of our program management. We’re currently searching for an experienced program manager to join our ranks and continue our tradition of success. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and implementing outdoor education programs in an indigenous setting. As a skilled leader, you will have a strong talent for project coordination and delegation. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to nurture program success from inception to completion.
This position is project based and will largely depend on successfully applying for funding opportunities, and will require flexibility in schedule as the workload will fluctuate.
Objectives of this Role
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
- Oversee multiple projects, ensuring program goals are reached
- Manage budget and funding channels for maximum productivity
- Source, apply, and manage funding opportunities
- Work closely with board and admin to implement strategic plan and objectives
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work closely with program teams to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
- Manage program and project teams and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives
- Identify key requirements needed to deliver programs
- Develop and manage budget for projects
- Work with Board of Directors to identify risks and opportunities across multiple programs
- Analyze, evaluate, and mitigate program risks, and produce program reports for funders, and Board of Directors
- Apply for and secure funds for future programs
- Establish partnerships with other organizations to increase our capacity
- Site visits to areas where programs are running or could potentially be running
- Create and maintain close working relationships with Musgamagw Dzawada’enuxw nations and the tribal council
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and public communication abilities, including excellent customer service, management, writing and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team; ability to develop effective working relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Computer proficiency in the following: word processing, simple accounting, databases, spreadsheets, email, program management software, google drive
- Experience and confidence working in an outdoor setting
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com